Babysitter vs daycare

Hmm.. Wondering the topic I would share tonite..

This has been a hard time for my lil fam bcoz my hubby have to stay overseas (for years) and I am a working mother (or should I say student mom 😜) . Hope my baby isn't the victim of this condition 🙏 I think I'm not the only one who faced this problem. Nowadays number of working mommies is increasing and (for my condition) there is no choice, I can't leave what I've chosen before (there's no 'U turn').... so I have to decided the best way to take care my baby while I am working.. whether I took babysitter who can stay in my house or take my baby to daycare. 

There are few things should keep in our mind when we want to choose nanny or daycare..

Nanny:
Ok, they are staying at home so your baby wont feel strange with the environment and you can control your baby. But I've heard rumors and fact that many babysitters who do violence (omg, tears in my eyes😭). Those babies cant do anything, they even cant protect themselves! Those crazy nannies hit the baby, slap their tiny face and do many harmful things that I cant forgive😤.. So you should have someone who could manage your babysitter at home, remember.. never let them alone in your house!

And believe me, I've tried hundred of times searching babysitter. I've been searching from Kalimantan, Sumatra, Java, even NTT.. And the result? Big Zero!! Helow.. 
Many agencies told me that their employee are professional.. But the fact they are totally an uneducated person. And you know how long this "nanny" stay in my house? Just one day! The agency sent this "nanny" in the mornin, I left her alone for work and in da evening she's disappear like a wind! Wow! 😱 Fortunately, I took my baby with me at that moment. Fiuh.. I can't imagine if I left her with my baby.. And it happened twice from another agency! That's the time when I have to say STOP with babysitter...

If you cant trust the capability of babysitter or  you don't have someone who could stay in your house to control your nanny, I think daycare is an option. But you have to choose the best one for your baby. 

First, it has a pediatrician who can control your baby's milestone. 

Second, it has a good environment. I prefer daycare that far away from the traffic rather than
the "main street" daycare. In my daycare, almost everyday (if the weather is friendly), they'll take my kiddo walk around the housing area so they can explore and learn trees, dog, cats, parks, or playing with neighbor without afraid the traffic..                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          
Third, safety! I cant close my eyes with fact that there are naughty daycare so safety is a priority. Fortunately, I can see my baby every time, everywhere coz they are supported by real-time streaming CCTV.

Forth, fun! Yeah!! It's time for my baby to play all the time! Learning words with games! I never want to push my baby learning more that his age! Such as count, learn to write bla bla bla.. And one thing for sure.. He has to learn ONLY his mother language before age 2!! Forget about bilingual before age 2 coz it can make speech delay. I learn it from my neuropediatric section.. 

Fifth, my baby is happy!! That's my main reason.. He is sooo excited.. Everyday he woke up and smile.. If I ask "are you ready to school?" He replied: yes!! (Raising his tiny hands). And often he refuse to go home coz his buddy still at school (cute baby😘). 

Yeah, it cost more than nanny coz you have to pay entrance fee (or next grade fee), monthly fee, extra time (less or more than regular time) or physiotherapy (if needed). 

It is fun to read daily report (what he has done everyday, what kind of food he eat today and whether he finish eat it or not, his sleeping time, even how many times he poop☺️). Every three months parents receive progress report about his baby milestone development by his doctor and she can suggest spesific therapy if needed (fyi, my daycare has physiotherapist for special needed like occupational therapist, speech therapist etc).  

At the end, it's all in your hand.. Choose the best for your lil one.. Hug n kisses mommy😘😘



My Other Celotehan